Tonight during the #TXBloggers Twitter chat our guest was creator of Pressgram John Saddington. He is also a guest speaker for the Blog Elevated conference. He’s designed a phone app that gives you some neat features that is a head above the rest.
Why would you want another photo app?
Pressgram Photo App Features:
- Allows you to take a new photo or use photos you have already taken on your phone.
- You can edit those photos with scaling, cropping and filters (much like instagram).
- You can share those photos with a watermark of your username (bottom right hand corner of the image).
That last feature is the one that made me sit up and take notice! You mean I don’t have to go find another app to add a watermark? Lovely, show me where to sign up.
Another big feature is the ability to publish directly to your website!
Pressgram Photo App
That’s right you simply complete your content, add the post title, tags and categories and it will publish directly. There are still a lot of fixes in the works to add to this app and right now it’s free to download on iTunes.
A few things to be aware of during the set up:
- Set your account up before you try publishing anything and make sure you turn on the watermark in the settings option.
- Your username is your watermark so please choose carefully.
- The Facebook shares go directly to your personal Facebook Page. (I prefer to send them to my Fan Page.)
- You can only add one image to a post right now. You can not go back and add more by publishing to the same post.
The app really works well for me because PamelaMKramer is my user name on 95% of my online accounts. However in this age of Pinterest there isn’t a really great way to edit the image in a way that would make pinners sit up and take notice. These are just a few things to think about but overall it’s a worthy share and when I learn something new that makes my life a little easier then I’m passing it on to my readers.
Are you already using Pressgram? You have the option to build a following there.
If you have any questions or suggestions that you would like to see please leave them in the comment section below. To learn more simple ways to navigate your online projects visit more of my How To Tips <—-here!
*Editors Note* – I’m afraid I didn’t realize the great benefits of Pressgram until I read this post What Is Pressgram? and continued the conversation here on Google +. Think “instagram” except everything comes back to your site and you are the controller of all your images. Check out those links to see how other users are using Pressgram. I’m taking a page out of their books and trying out a Pressgram Page of my own.