Here is a pizza casserole recipe that caught my eye while on Pinterest. The images and recipe from The Jones Way were so amazing I had to give it a try! When trying recipes my method is to create the original to understand how it is made and tastes.
Once the meal is successfully created then I will cook it again and put my own spin on the recipe.
- Easy to make
- Egg noodles didn’t really work for me. It made the dish really heavy.
- I could get away with using half the cheese and half the noodles.
- Oven times vary. I have a super hot oven so the recipe was a bit over done using the recommended time.
Now for my spin! I wanted a more Italian flavor so I made a few adjustments.
Ingredients: (I might shop at HEB)
- 1 lb sausage (Italian)
- 2 large cans of tomato sauce (one with petite sliced tomatoes)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg of pepperoni
- 1 pkg spiral noodles
A few notes:
When you try this dish you might notice that the top seems to harden a bit too much. I might sprinkle the top with a little more cheese next time. When you serve the dish you can top it with crushed red pepper! It’s so good. I don’t recommend topping the entire dish because not everyone likes that extra hot kick! 🙂
Enjoy and let me know what you think! What’s the last recipe you have tried from Pinterest?
Come back to A Renaissance Woman next Wednesday to share your favorite photo.
If you host a blog hop please feel free to add it to my blog hop directory.
Feel free to add my badge to your post as a Wordless Wednesday Linky host! Thanks.