It’s been well over a month since there has been a numbers update. I’m no longer baffled by the numbers on the scale. Between high levels of stress and my internship (meaning more hours online) I packed on the pounds quickly! I’m not proud but just acknowledging how all my hard work has quickly vanished. My BMI is super high, my weight is high. It’s been a rough road. Also there were nearly two weeks lost because a vein popped in the front of my leg, still no explanation for what happened.
If you follow me on Instagram you have seen it and you’ve seen that there have been struggles to keep heading to classes to get a work out in. Crossfit has been on the back burner but it’s going to be time to head there again soon. It’s going to suck but I’m willing to embrace it.
To get back on track I signed up for a 6 mile pup crawl with a buddy of mine, Keith.
Lessons Learned From a Pub Crawl
- It’s not a race it’s a crawl.
- For goodness sake cross the roads at the street lights.
- Take your id, cash and a fully charged phone.
- If you are going to drink at each stop make sure you have a ride home.
- Run with a buddy! You can split drinks and meals.
- Mingle! Don’t be a wall flower get to know some of your fellow pub crawlers.
- Be a gracious guest. The wait staff is doing their best to serve all of you at each stop.
- Don’t leave your extra keys in the trunk of the car while your spouse is at home watching the kids. That’s bad.
- Beer is not water. You still need to drink lots and lots of water.
- Participate in the theme. It’s much more fun if you dress up.
This was just the fun I needed to get back in the swing of things. There is nothing like lugging around extra weight when you are running. It doesn’t feel good.
Scale Reading– 176
Stress Level – Fantastic!
The UP side– School has started and it’s time to begin a new routine.
Workouts – I haven’t updated my Daily Mile in a while. I need to get back on that!
A special reminder for us all…
- The long term goal 18 pounds by the end of the year. Goal weight 140.
- The short term goal lose 1 – 2 lbs. per month.
- January 158 – 159 = +1 pound gain
- February 159 – 158 = -1 pound loss
- March 158 – 162 = + 4 pounds
- April 162 – 162 = 0 progress
- May 160 – 165 = + 5 pound gain
- June 161 – 166 = + 5 pound gain
- July 166 – 172 = + 6 pound gain
- August 176 –