This recipe is adapted from the Lurong Living 8 week Paleo challenge that I took part in over the summer. If you have a bit of a sweet tooth like me, these can be a real life saver, enjoy!
Cranberry Protein Bars
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup light agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of dried cranberries
- Place the slivered almonds and pecans on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes until they’re golden brown. Stir them occasionally.
- Place nuts in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin.
- Mix the nuts and the almond flour together in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, warm the coconut oil and the almond butter for about 20 seconds in the microwave and stir together well.
- Stir the agave, vanilla and salt into the liquid mixture.
- Add the liquid mixture to your dry mix and stir well.
- Add cranberries to the mix.
- Lay wax paper down in an 8×8 inch baking pan. Add the mixture into the prepared pan making sure it reaches corner to corner.
- Put in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Remove the parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Cut into pieces and serve. A pizza cutter works really well. Store in the refrigerator.